Admission for Exchange and Guest Students
Her you find information on how you apply for admission at the IT University as an exchange or guest student. The application processes for the different types of guest students are different:
Exchange Students and Free-Movers from a Non-Danish University
Application deadline for EU/EAA exchange students/free-movers:
- 1 May (start in August)
- 1 December (start in January)
Application deadline for Non-EU exchange students/free-movers:
- 1 April (for start in August)
- 1 October (for start in January)
How to apply
All international exchange/guest students and free movers must fill in the application form and enclose the following documents:
- A personal letter of motivation (no more than 1 page describing personal and academic reasons for studying at IT University of Copenhagen)
- Nomination letter from home university
- Exchange/guest student application form
- Transcript of records (including bachelor diploma if you apply within the MSc programme)
- Guest students must include an advanced approval for credit transfer to their study programme
Additional submissions for free movers:
- In addition to this free movers must also submit documentation of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Free movers applying for Bachelor courses must in addition include a copi of their upper secondary education and have the equivalent to the Danish levels:
English at B-level. Your minimum average mark must be 6 on the Danish 7-point marking scale.
Mathematics at B-level. Your minimum average mark must be 6 on the Danish 7-point marking scale.
Application form: International exchange and guest students
You can scan your documents and e-mail them to email@example.com
Or you can send the application and documentation by post to:
IT University of Copenhagen
Rued Langgaards Vej 7
DK-2300 København S
If you have any questions, please contact the International Office at the IT University at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Students from another Danish University
If you are already enrolled as a full-degree student at another Danish university, you apply for enrollment at the same terms as Danish students.
A prerequisite for admission is an advance approval for credit transfer to your study programme from the Board of Studies at your home university.
Application deadline for the autumn term:
- 15 June (autumn semester - start in late August)
- 15 December (spring semester - start in late January)
After the deadline, we admit students until the term starts. Applications received no later than 15 August/January will be processed before the term starts.
There are a limited number of study places in all courses. Available places are allocated on a 'first come - first served' basis.
Online Application (only for Students from Danish Universities)
You apply for admission to 1-4 courses and prioritize up to 6 courses. Courses should be listed in a prioritized list.
Apply online - the online application system opens app. 2 weeks before the application deadline.
Currently, the online application form exists only in Danish. If you have any questions about the formalities, please contact the Study and Career Advisory Office.